Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parfum exotique

I have been very sick these past few days (literally, not metaphorically) so I have basically been doing nothing but staring into space and guzzling herbal tea. I am too tired to be clever right now.

Exotic Perfume
When, the two closed eyes, in a warm autumn evening,
I breathe the odor of your welcoming breast,
I see happy beaches unfold themselves
Which are dazzled by the fires of a monotone sun;

An idle island where nature gives
Single trees and savory fruits;
Men whose bodies are slim and vigorous,
And women whose eye by her frankness shines.

Guided by your odor toward charming climates,
I see a harbor filled with sails and masts
Still all worn out by the sea wave,

While the perfume of the green tamarinds,
That circulates in the air and makes my nostrils swell,
Mixes itself into my soul with the song of the mariners.


Parfum exotique
Quand, les deux yeux fermés, en un soir chaud d'automne,
Je respire l'odeur de ton sein chaleureux,
Je vois se dérouler des rivages heureux
Qu'éblouissent les feux d'un soleil monotone;

Une île paresseuse où la nature donne
Des arbres singuliers et des fruits savoureux;
Des hommes dont le corps est mince et vigoureux,
Et des femmes dont l'oeil par sa franchise étonne.

Guidé par ton odeur vers de charmants climats,
Je vois un port rempli de voiles et de mâts
Encor tout fatigués par la vague marine,

Pendant que le parfum des verts tamariniers,
Qui circule dans l'air et m'enfle la narine,
Se mêle dans mon âme au chant des mariniers.

No comments: