Thursday, July 10, 2008

La Géante

I have fallen wretchedly behind at this point. The past several days have been all about recovery and healing. Not really. I am just trying to bounce back after being slapped in the face--twice--and it has been almost successful. Now I am just tired. My stomach hurts from all the booze and my throat from all the cigarettes. I kind of wish summer would end because I find it terribly hard to stay focused on anything besides getting trashed almost every single night. Illustrations will follow soon, once I get my effin camera to work.

The Giantess
In the times that Nature in her potent vivacity
Conceived monstrous children every day,
I would have loved to live close to a young giantess,
Like a voluptuous cat at the feet of a queen.

I would have loved to see her body flourish with her soul
And grow freely in her terrible games;
Guessing if her heart incubated a somber flame
In the humid hazes which swim in her eyes;

To peruse with leisure with her magnificent forms;
To crawl over the mountain of her enormous knees,
And sometimes in summer, when the unhealthy suns,

Weary, make her stretch herself across the countryside,
To sleep coolly in the shadow of her breasts,
Like a peaceful hamlet at the foot of a mountain.

La Géante
Du temps que la Nature en sa verve puissante
Concevait chaque jour des enfants monstrueux,
J'eusse aimé vivre auprès d'une jeune géante,
Comme aux pieds d'une reine un chat voluptueux.

J'eusse aimé voir son corps fleurir avec son âme
Et grandir librement dans ses terribles jeux;
Deviner si son coeur couve une sombre flamme
Aux humides brouillards qui nagent dans ses yeux;

Parcourir à loisir ses magnifiques formes;
Ramper sur le versant de ses genoux énormes,
Et parfois en été, quand les soleils malsains,

Lasse, la font s'étendre à travers la campagne,
Dormir nonchalamment à l'ombre de ses seins,
Comme un hameau paisible au pied d'une montagne.

I know this is short, but the next poem deserves its own space and I wanted to post them separately.


No comments: