Friday, September 19, 2008

Le Revenant

It will never be the beauty of drama that will know to satisfy a heart like mine.

Boy drama. Work drama. Well, at least my toe isn't broken like I thought it was.

Speak.

The Ghost
Like the angels with the tawny eye,
I will return to your alcove
And I will glide toward you silently
With the shadows of the night;

And I will give you, my brown one,
Kisses cold like the moon
Caresses of a serpent
Crawling around a grave.

When livid morning will come,
You will find my empty place,
Where until the night it will be cold.

As others by affection,
Over your life and over your youth,
Me, I wish to reign by terror.

Le Revenant
Comme les anges à l'oeil fauve,
Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
Avec les ombres de la nuit;

Et je te donnerai, ma brune,
Des baisers froids comme la lune
Et des caresses de serpent
Autour d'une fosse rampant.

Quand viendra le matin livide,
Tu trouveras ma place vide,
Où jusqu'au soir il fera froid.

Comme d'autres par la tendresse,
Sur ta vie et sur ta jeunesse,
Moi, je veux régner par l'effroi.
---

Ah, your coldness is so beautiful to me.

No comments: