Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chanson d'Après-midi

I suppose it's true that new prospects bring new life, even if said prospect will probably end up being nothing more than a fling if it even matures at all. That's alright. I have the power to forget, and since I am taking the day off tomorrow I won't have to worry about seeing him and worrying about it even more. Ach.

So it's 10 in the morning on what is technically my Friday. Afternoon song!

Afternoon Song
When your vicious eyebrows
Give you a funny air
Which is not that of an angel,
Sorceress with enticing eyes,

I adore you, my flighty one,
My terrible passion!
With the devotion
Of the priest for his idol.

The desert and the forest
Embalm your rough tresses,
Your head has the bearing
Of mystery and secrecy.

Over your flesh the perfumed prowled
As around a censer;
You charm the evening
Dark and turbulent nymph.

Ah! The strongest philters
Are less than your idleness,
And you know the caress
That makes the dead live again!

Your hips are in love
With your back and your breasts,
And you delight the cushions
With your languorous poses.

Sometimes, in order to pacify
Your mysterious rage,
You lavish, earnestly,
Bites and kisses;

You tear me, my brown one,
With a mocking laugh,
And you can put on my heart
Your eyes soft like the moon.

Under your satin slippers,
Under your charming silken feet
Me, I put my great joy,
My genius and my fortune,

My heart healed by you,
By you, light and color,
Warm explosion
Into my black Siberia.

Chanson d'Après-midi
Quoique tes sourcils méchants
Te donnent un air étrange
Qui n'est pas celui d'un ange,
Sorcière aux yeux alléchants,

Je t'adore, ô ma frivole,
Ma terrible passion!
Avec la dévotion
Du prêtre pour son idole.

Le désert et la forêt
Embaument tes tresses rudes,
Ta tête a les attitudes
De l'énigme et du secret.

Sur ta chair le parfum rôde
Comme autour d'un encensoir;
Tu charmes comme le soir
Nymphe ténébreuse et chaude.

Ah! les philtres les plus forts
Ne valent pas ta paresse,
Et tu connais la caresse
Ou fait revivre les morts!

Tes hanches sont amoureuses
De ton dos et de tes seins,
Et tu ravis les coussins
Par tes poses langoureuses.

Quelquefois, pour apaiser
Ta rage mystérieuse,
Tu prodigues, sérieuse,
La morsure et le baiser;

Tu me déchires, ma brune,
Avec un rire moqueur,
Et puis tu mets sur mon coeur
Ton oeil doux comme la lune.

Sous tes souliers de satin,
Sous tes charmants pieds de soie
Moi, je mets ma grande joie,
Mon génie et mon destin,

Mon âme par toi guérie,
Par toi, lumière et couleur!
Explosion de chaleur
Dans ma noire Sibérie!

No comments: