Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hymne

For the first time in about 7 years, no real prospects and no real anxiety. The LSAT yes, but that's healthy and encouraged. I am something better, and they could care less. I don't need the most important test of my life to be overshadowed by someone with no brains and too much attitude. Panic Attack Part Deux last night but my friends are lovely and they will always see me through. Cigarettes, chocolate cake, and sympathy. Love, love, love. This morning is brighter, for once I am not wearing black or grey.

Been working out more, burning the calories and the midnight oil. I have forgotten how skinny I am under the layers of clothes I wear everywhere and all the time. But I still want my warm atmosphere.

And a little bit of positivity from our good friend Baudelaire!

Hymn
To the much beloved, to the very beautiful
Who fills my heart with light,
To the angel, to immortal idol,
Salutation in immortality!

She pours into my life
Like air imbued with salt,
And into my insatiable soul
Pours the taste of the eternal.

Ever-fresh sachet that perfumes
The atmosphere of a beloved nook,
Forgotten censer that smokes
In secret through the night,

How, incorruptible love,
Can I express you truthfully?
Speck of musk that lies, invisible,
In the depth of my eternity!

To the very good, to the very beautiful
Who causes my joy and my health,
To the angel, to the immortal idol,
Salutation in immortality!

Hymne
À la très chère, à la très belle
Qui remplit mon coeur de clarté,
À l'ange, À l'idole immortelle,
Salut en l'immortalité!

Elle se répand dans ma vie
Comme un air imprégné de sel,
Et dans mon âme inassouvie
Verse le goût de l'éternel.

Sachet toujours frais qui parfume
L'atmosphère d'un cher réduit,
Encensoir oublié qui fume
En secret à travers la nuit,

Comment, amour incorruptible,
T'exprimer avec vérité?
Grain de musc qui gis, invisible,
Au fond de mon éternité!

À la très bonne, à la très belle
Qui fait ma joie et ma santé,
À l'ange, à l'idole immortelle,
Salut en l'immortalité!

No comments: